- third-person singular of merit
The term merit is used in both Christianity and Buddhism. See:
merit can also mean:
- Merit (band), a rock band from Syracuse, New York.
- Merit (cigarettes), a brand of cigarettes made by Altria.
- Merit (legal), a legal term used in deciding a legal case.
- Merit, a trading name used by the British toy manufacturer J & L Randall.
- Merit, in Mathematics, Number Theory, the value of gn / log(pn) (see Prime gap)
MERIT (now known as UNU-MERIT) is the Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.